MThree Consulting is looking for talented, ambitious graduates to work for one of our biggest investment banking clients in Java Software Development.
Working as part of an Agile development team in Bournemouth, you will have global presence across New York, London, Budapest, Tokyo and India, working across payments, connectivity, e-commerce and more.
Successful applicants will attend the MThree Alumni Graduate Programme, which involves 4-8 weeks of intensive training and career coaching tailored to the role.
What you need:
- 2:1 degree or above in computer science or STEM, or three year’s industry experience
- Knowledge of a programming language like Java, C++, C# or Python
- Good numerical skills
- A motivated, self-starting attitude
- Eagerness to learn and develop new skills.
What you’ll learn:
- Knowledge of financial markets, trading and banking businesses
- How to successfully work in a fast-paced environment with shifting priorities
- Awareness of processes within an investment bank, from sales to back office
- Software development lifecycle
- Linux, Java, Python, Oracle and Jira.
What we offer:
- In-depth, interactive fully-paid training with a diverse group of like-minded graduates, delivered by experts with working knowledge of the field
- A competitive graduate salary (starting at £23,000-£25,000), with regular pay reviews and a flexible benefits package that includes gym membership
- Continued training and pastoral care, as and when you need it
- Regular social events
- Invaluable industry experience and the opportunity to break into a desirable and competitive industry.
What you’ll do:
- Server-side Java development working as part of a large Agile developer team
- Liaise with senior team members and clients to precisely specify the functionality that will be developed
- Develop functionality in an iterative fashion, writing full unit and integration tests for each function
- Work with team members and partners to ensure that all functionality is fully UAT tested before being released to production
- Continuously improving the quality of our system and codebase via best practices, including code reviews and refactoring where necessary.