Love to have a positive impact by righting wrongs? Got an eye for spotting anomalies in patterns? Want to become an investigative expert who protects others from threats?
As an anti-financial crime analyst at MThree, you’ll have the chance to advance your skills and carve your best path through the world of work.
MThree Alumni helps smart, engaged graduates and big organisations to grow. We bring the two together and plug the gaps with training and support. That makes us a career partner or a strategic talent partner, depending on your viewpoint! (We also offer senior consulting services in technology and finance.)
You’ll start with 4-8 weeks of training here at MThree HQ to help you hit the ground running (we pay you a salary from day one). Then you’ll complete a 24-month placement with one of our partner organisations, where you’ll be at the heart of their AFC activities (with help from MThree all the way). After that, most of our graduates progress to a permanent position with the organisation. The sky’s the limit.
In your role, you will have plenty of room to make an impact. MThree graduate anti financial crime analysts use their wits and attention to detail to help their organisation stay one step ahead of criminals (and catch those that slip through the net). It’s an increasingly important position in the world of financial services. You’ll be investigating potential illegal activities: for example, stopping the funding of terrorist groups, global drug cartels, trafficking and black markets. There are a few key specialisms within this area. Know Your Customer (KYC) makes sure customers are who they say they are, when first onboarded and on an ongoing basis too. Anti Money Laundering (AML) seeks to stop criminals from profiting from their illegal gains by trying to “clean” their money through the organisation. And Anti Bribery and Corruption (ABC) does what it says on the tin.
You’ll work closely with your line manager, who will help you settle in and know where to focus. You’ll also work with teams across the organisation to explore how the landscape all comes together, so you can uncover the details you need.
This role is perfect for you if
- You have a 2:1 degree or higher. It helps if you studied Finance, Economics or a similarly analytical subject, but you could also excel in this role if you have a different background.
- You have a passion for doing the right thing, and a genuine interest in crime prevention.
- You’re a good verbal and written communicator, able to articulate investigations and summaries clearly and effectively.
- You want to find out more about the world of finance.
- You’re hungry to learn how to use your analytical skills in a new way.
- It’s a bonus if you already have experience working in teams in a collaborative environment.
What you’ll learn at MThree Academy:
- Knowledge of financial markets, trading and banking businesses.
- The inner workings of investment banks, from sales to back office processes.
- How to combat the exploitation of financial services companies as a vehicle for specific types of financial crime.
- The role of EU regulatory law and other key bodies in combating financial crime
- Excel, VBA (Visual Basic for Applications), proprietary data processing, reporting tools and applications.
- Professional skill and interview techniques.
What you’ll get:
- In-depth interactive training in small classes with graduates like you. Our training is created and delivered by industry experts who know your field inside out.
- A competitive graduate salary (even while you train!), with pre-agreed pay rises every 6 months to reflect your progress.
- A flexible benefits package (gym membership, Health Shield, Employee Assistance Programme and Perkbox included).
- Ongoing training, support and social events throughout your 24-month placement.
- An opportunity to kickstart your career and gain valuable experience in an attractive and competitive industry.
Sounds good? We’re ready when you are
We have start dates throughout the year and welcome applications anytime. In the next step, you’ll need to submit your CV. It’s as simple as that!